Below you will find answers to many common questions about OHSU Give Day 2023.
What is OHSU Give Day?
Celebrating its third year on May 23, OHSU Give Day is a day of community and generosity for OHSU. It's a special opportunity for you to give to the areas you care most about. Your support of OHSU Give Day will fuel vital and life-saving programs across OHSU, from groundbreaking cancer research to pediatric care to education.
Why give on OHSU Give Day?
On May 23, there will be exclusive matches and challenges available to make your gift's impact go further. And, when you give, others will be inspired to follow your lead. Together, we can make a bigger difference.
How do the matches and challenges work?
Matches double the impact of your gift. A match can be 1:1 to the fund you are giving to or the match can support an area or fund designated by the donor providing the match. Details are included on each match and challenge. Matches are available while funds last. Participation challenges are driven by the number of gifts toward a certain fund. Once the challenge is met, the gift is unlocked. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 503-220-8327.
Besides giving, how can I help OHSU Give Day be successful?
Let everyone know! Tell your friends, family and networks that you’ve made a gift, and encourage them to give. Post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn using the hashtag #OHSUGiveDay. Send an email. Make a call. Share why you celebrate and support OHSU.
Sign up to be a Give Day Ambassador by clicking on the Ambassador tab at the top of this webpage. You'll have access to a personal dashboard with a toolkit that will make it even easier to reach out and share the excitement with your network. You can also track the impact of your messages, including the number of new gifts you've motivated.
How do I make my gift on May 23?
On May 23, you can make your gift in one of two ways:
2. By phone at 503-220-8327, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PST.
– If you're making your gift on an Apple device, you'll have the option of using Apple Pay or your credit card. If you're making your gift on an Android device, you can make your gift by credit card.
FYI, you can support any fund even if it is not listed in the drop-down menu. Select the closest area you can find under "Impact Areas" and then select "Other" from the "Fund Designation" drop-down menu. Then write in the fund you want to support in the field that pops up.
Can I make my gift by check, stock or from my IRA?
– If you're mailing in a check, please write Give Day in the memo. Gifts that are received after May 23 may not be eligible for matches or challenges if matching funds are exhausted or the challenge is completed.
– If you'd like to make your gift by stock or from your IRA, please call us at 503-220-8327, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a minimum gift amount?
Yes, there is a $10 minimum. Your gift, no matter the amount, can make a difference. Even small gifts, when pooled together with others’ contributions, can achieve big results!
Can I fund an OHSU Give Day Challenge?
Yes! We're grateful to have leaders step up to make inspirational gifts. For more information, contact us at 503-220-8327 or email@example.com.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
You will receive an email confirmation as your receipt for tax purposes. The Oregon Health & Science University Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Federal ID Number 23-7083114. Contributions to the Oregon Health & Science University Foundation are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Please consult your tax professional for more information.
What if I am experiencing errors on the donation page?
- Make sure you entered a gift amount that is above $10.
- Make sure you entered information for the required fields (which are marked with an *).
- If you are still unable to make your gift, please call us at 503-220-8327.